Saturday, April 3, 2010

What is this blog

So I decided to start writing about my gourmet experiences, since I love to cook and love to eat.  We currently reside in Colorado, not the biggest epicurean center in the world but some pretty good options.  We've lived in Chicago and New York and visited many cities throughout the world.  So my top 10 list of restaurants I have personally eaten at:

Daniel - New York City
Guy Savoy - Las Vegas, Caesars Palace
Picasso - Las Vegas, Bellagio
Spiaggia - Chicago
Julia Child's Kitchen - Napa Valley California
Sushi Yasuda - New York City
Le Cirque - Las Vegas, Bellagio
Nobu - Las Vegas, Hard Rock
Matsuhisa - Aspen Colorado
Morimoto - New York City

By the way this list is not in order but the first two are 2 of the finest experiences I have ever had.  Daniel was with my brother and his fiance and my wife.  Alan Greenspan (at the time was darn close to the president being there, prior to the Great Recession) was there that night.  The 2nd was for my birthday just me and the wife.  So I consider myself well versed in the world of fine dining.  Sometimes I have been more of a gourmand than a gourmet.  But I did an Ironman (hence the play on Iron Chef and Iron, blah blah) last year which got me in good shape and ready to roll.  So going forward I'll be doing some dining adventures and posting some reviews here.  I may occasionally let you into my kitchen or grill.  We shall see.  So first up, 5280 magazine published the top 25 restaurants in Denver.  We will try to visit each over the next year, and I will post reviews accordingly.  1st on the list next Friday, Table 6 with my wife and friends.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment