Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Sunday afternoon Dish

So during training today I got inspired to cook something a bit more elaborate.  I decided on an Indian/Afghan inspired chicken dish with Roti bread.  So to start in a giant cast iron pot I started to saute some onions and peppers and cooked down some spinach in an olive oil and pork fat (I render the pork fat whenever I cook pork) with some onion and garlic along with some brown rice cooked in chicken broth and pork fat.  Also some cayenne pepper, a ton of curry and cumin...


Next to grill the meat, some organic chicken breasts and chicken sausages:


Once both were cooked time to mix and throw in the oven covered for an hour:


Once it was all cooked time to cook the Roti-Chapati bread on the griddle:


And put it all in a dish before it goes in my belly, GET IN MY STOMACH!



Happy Dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment