Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Venue - Restaurant Restaurant Review

So Venue is a restaurant up in Highland, a trendy neighborhood on the northwestern side of Denver.  We were joined at Venue by new friends Dan and Cassandra.  This was a new neighborhood in our Denver dining voyage and close to there home.  The evening was tame and enjoyable the night before my half marathon.  Dana and I also had a big ride planned Sunday and Dan had hockey.  A simple but diverse menu:


Ricotta Dumplings

Kurobuta Pork Belly

Dan and Cassandra had the Parmesan Gnocchi, the sauce was delightful.  That white thing is a poached egg on top.



Dana had the Oxtail Cassoulet, very lean and clean tasting.


Norwegian Salmon, was my choice and was very perfectly done, tender and moist.


A light, custard and berry pastry, this might have been my favorite.

This restaurant was very cool, in a nice setting.  The service was spotty at times, with them seeming slightly understaffed.  The wine list was very simple, we had some Brut, Sauvignon Blanc and some Pinot Noir, which were simple and enjoyable.  The bathroom was a bit small and only one for the restaurant.  The food was quite good.  Overall I give this restaurant a B+.

Happy Dining!

2 comments:

  1. about the food: those ricotta dumplings are out of this world, super tender and flavorful!! Pork belly was a disappointment to me - tasted like a very greasy pulled pork...

    about the bathroom: it had a poem on the wall, "The Owl and the Pussycat". Super fun reading, and I guess, distracts you from a tiny bathroom space...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana and Jason! Dan and I had a great time. My only real complaint was sitting facing the open kitchen. Some may enjoy watching the kitchen staff work but I am not a fan. I hope they install a door. The food was amazing. I would definitely get the gnocchi again. The vegetables in it were perfectly done and the sauce was incredible. I was suspicious about the poached egg at first but it ended up adding and extra delight to the dish. Thank you very much for inviting us!

    ReplyDelete